I’ve added the 2018 Pulitzer Prize winner in fiction to the reading list. We’ll be reading it this coming September. Please review the Epilogue reading list for the up-to-date reading list.
Here’s the reading list of the Pulitzer Prize winning books I plan to read over the next several months:
- The Road, by Cormac McCarthy (2007)
- The Late George Apley, by John Phillips Marquand (1938)
- Less, by Andrew Sean Greer (2018)
- The Sympathizer, by Viet Thanh Nguyen (2016)
- The Age of Innocence, by Edith Wharton (1921)
- The Yearling, by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings (1939)
- Honey in the Horn, by Harold L. Davis (1936)
- The Reivers, by William Faulkner (1963)
- The Good Earth, by Pearl S. Buck (1932)
I had not heard of this book until I listened to a podcast (OnPoint with Tom Ashbrook) interview between Tom Ashbrook and the author, Douglas Blackmon. This book just won the Pulitzer Prize in non fiction (2009).
The interview was fascinating and I find the subject matter very interesting. This is an important book that I will make a point to read.
See Slavery by Another Name for more information.