I’ve added the 2018 Pulitzer Prize winner in fiction to the reading list. We’ll be reading it this coming September. Please review the Epilogue reading list for the up-to-date reading list.
Here’s the reading list and tentative dates for the books the Epilogue Book Club will be reading over the next several months:
- Underground Railroad, by Colson Whitehead (2017) – 5/13/2018
- The Road, by Cormac McCarthy (2007) – 7/1/2018
- The Late George Apley, by John Phillips Marquand (1938) – 8/12/2018
- Less, by Andrew Sean Greer (2018) – 9/23/2018
- The Sympathizer, by Viet Thanh Nguyen (2016) – 11/4/2018
- The Age of Innocence, by Edith Wharton (1921) – 12/16/2018
- The Yearling, by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings (1939) – 1/27/2019
- Honey in the Horn, by Harold L. Davis (1936) – 3/10/2019
- The Reivers, by William Faulkner (1963) – 4/21/2019
- The Good Earth, by Pearl S. Buck (1932) – 6/2/2019
I had not heard of this book until I listened to a podcast (OnPoint with Tom Ashbrook) interview between Tom Ashbrook and the author, Douglas Blackmon. This book just won the Pulitzer Prize in non fiction (2009).
The interview was fascinating and I find the subject matter very interesting. This is an important book that I will make a point to read.
See Slavery by Another Name for more information.